The RN of Staff Development is responsible for teaching and evaluating the core orientation course for all employees as well as the program for nursing assistants. The RN of Staff Development is also responsible for coordinating the inservice programs for all employees, and for evaluating educational needs for all employees within the facility. The RN of Staff Development participates in the quality improvement process and ensures that the staff is providing quality resident care.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State Board of Nurse Examiners. Check for valid Pennsylvania state license. Bachelor’s degree or one year’s supervisory/teaching experience required.
Previous nursing experiences in a long-term care facility. Evidence of continued educational advancement and maintenance of up-to-date knowledge of current trends and new developments.
Must have the knowledge and ability to apply basic principles of nursing care in accordance with state nursing acts and standards.
- Administering personal hygienic and therapeutic measures for residents and techniques within the parameters of the nurse practice act.
- Proper techniques for the delivery of medications and treatments.
- Documentation in the medical record that reflects the resident’s condition, medication and treatments.
- Prevention of disease and application of universal precautions.
- Experience in care of the elderly, chronically ill, restorative nursing, unit management and quality assurance.
- Must possess or have the potential for leadership roles in interdisciplinary cooperation, staff development, and resident/family relationships.
- Capability for independent decision-making formulation and delegation of responsibility.
May be required to work on weekends and holidays, and possibly on other shifts other than the one hired. Must have the ability to communicate with residents, families, and personnel and ability to remain calm under stress.
*Colonial Manor has excellent and affordable Health, Vision and Dental Benefits.