High School diploma or the equivalent.
Previous secretarial experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Needs to be organized. Familiarity with computers preferred. Ability to type.
- Filing procedures
- Understands proper telephone protocols
- Good communication and time management skills
- Must have an understanding of the needs of the elderly and must be able to relate well to the geriatric population
- Data processing and use of a computer and internet services for transmission purposes
- Exhibits genuine interest for the residents and family concerns; willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive routine tasks. Be willing and able to work as part of a team
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
Work indoors in well-lighted and ventilated office and throughout the facility. May need to work beyond normal working hours in other positions temporarily when necessary. Maybe required to work on weekends and holidays, and possibly on shifts other than the one hired.
Good physical and mental health. Must be able to withstand sedentary physical activity. Job requires: intermittent standing, walking, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 10 pounds to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects; fine hand coordination, ability to communicate with staff, and consultants; ability to hear and respond to verbal stimuli; a keen sense of vision necessary for close inspection and attention to minute details and small objects, the ability to quickly detect and react to slight motions and/or the ability to accurately distinguish colors; ability to read and write; and ability to remain calm under stress. Manual dexterity to handle equipment is necessary.
Must have the ability to communicate with personnel and the general public and ability to remain calm under stress.
Principal contacts: Is involved with residents, co-workers, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc.
Exposure Risk: May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, etc. Loud noise on occasion. A possibility of cuts or minor burns from equipment. May be exposed to communicable diseases.
Reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities may require modifications to requirements unless it would pose a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others in the work place.
*Colonial Manor has excellent and affordable Health, Vision and Dental Benefits.
We also offer Tuition Reimbursement and we have RN and LPN Scholarship Programs.