The Nurse Navigator is the facility contact for all residents in the Bundled Payment Plan. This position provides, guidance, leadership and support to the interdisciplinary team by providing daily oversight of all residents admitted under Medicare Part A to determine if they are appropriate for the Bundle. Additionally, this position follows all residents discharged from the facility to ensure safe transition and coordination of care. Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday.
RN license in good standing in the state of PA
Minimum of an Associate's Degree as a Registered Nurse
- Knowledge of clinical reimbursement, community health care resource, interdisciplinary processes, strong verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in Excel, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively lead, guide, plan and direct processes related to the Bundled Payment Initiative
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent use of time management skills and ability to be self directed; ability to manage time, manage multiple priorities and meet multiple demands
- Comprehensive knowledge of reimbursement and the Bundled Payment Structure
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- All aspects of the nursing operation.
- Roles and functions of all members of the health care team.
- Residents right, confidentiality and preservation of the residents dignity and self respect.
- Federal, State and local rules and regulations concerning food and nutrition services for long term care.
- Other: Exhibits strong leadership skills
Work indoors in well lighted and ventilated wards and rooms. Work Monday-Friday. May need to work beyond normal working hours in other positions temporarily when necessary. Maybe required to work on weekends and holidays and possibly on shifts other than the one hired. FT 1st Shift Monday through Friday.
Good physical and mental health. Must be able to withstand strenuous physical activity. Job requires: intermittent standing, walking, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting in excess of 50 pounds occasionally, and frequently lifting of up to 25 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects; fine hand coordination; ability to communicate with residents, personnel and consultants; ability to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures; ability to hear and respond to verbal stimuli; a keen sense of vision necessary for close inspection and attention to minute details and small objects; the ability to quickly detect and react to slight motions and/or the ability to accurately distinguish colors; ability to read and write; and ability to remain calm under stress. Manual dexterity to handle instruments and equipment is necessary.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate with residents, families and personnel and ability to remain calm under stress.
Principal contacts: Is involved with residents, co-workers, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc.
Exposure Risk: May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, etc. Loud noise on occasion. A possibility of cuts or minor burns or bruises using knives, slicers and equipment. May be exposed to communicable diseases. Potential for burns from cooking equipment, steam tables, hot beverage machines, hot and cold beverages and plate and pellet warmer. Potential for falls from wet/greasy floors. Exposure to various chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing. Exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures and electrical equipment. Reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities may require modifications to requirements unless it would pose a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others in the work place.
*Colonial Manor has excellent and affordable Health, Vision and Dental Benefits.
We also offer Tuition Reimbursement and we have RN and LPN Scholarship Programs.
Email your resume to: email@example.com or apply in person to fill out an application.