Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State Board of Nurse Examiners. Check for valid Pennsylvania state license.
As required by federal and state law.
Knowledge of the MDS and RAI completion process. Ability to use a computer and internet services.
- Medicare coverage and documentation guidelines, including PPS RUGs classifications and MDS completion schedule for reimbursement
- The Medicaid CMI reimbursement and submission system, including the RUGs classification system under Medicaid
- The Federal and State regulations related to the MDS completion and care planning process
- Ability to apply adult education principles
- Experience in care of the elderly, chronically ill, restorative nursing, unit management and quality assurance
- Understanding of roles and functions of all levels of nursing staff and total health care team
- Must possess or have the potential for leadership roles in interdisciplinary cooperation, staff development, and resident/family relationships
- Capability for independent decision-making, formulation, and delegation of responsibility
Work indoors in well lighted and ventilated wards and rooms. May need to work beyond normal working hours in other positions temporarily when necessary. Will be required to work on weekends and holidays, and possibly on shifts other than the one hired.
Good physical and mental health. Must be able to withstand the demands of continual deadlines. Job requires: intermittent standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting in excess of 100 pounds on occasion - 20% and frequently lifting of up to 25 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects including the human body; fine hand coordination, ability to communicate with residents, personnel and consultants; ability to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures, ability to hear and respond to verbal stimuli; a keen sense of vision necessary for close inspection and attention to minute details and small objects; the ability to quickly detect and react to slight motions and/or the ability to accurately distinguish colors; ability to read and write; and ability to remain calm under stress. Manual dexterity to handle instruments and equipment is necessary.
Must have the ability to communicate with residents, families and personnel and ability to remain calm under stress.
Principal contacts: Is involved with residents, co-workers, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc.
Exposure Risk: Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood/body fluids. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, etc. including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B virus and TB. Loud noise on occasion. A possibility of cuts or minor burns form instruments and equipment. May be exposed to communicable diseases. Possibility of strains due to moving residents or injury from irrational residents.
*Colonial Manor has excellent and affordable Health, Vision and Dental Benefits.
We also offer Tuition Reimbursement and we have RN and LPN Scholarship Programs.