Valid PA drivers license and valid CPR certification
High school diploma or the equivalent.
Good driving history
- Exhibits genuine interest in caring for residents and family concerns; willingness to perform a variety of simple, repetitive, routine tasks. Be willing and able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to greet residents and visitors and provide assistance as necessary
- Must be self-motivated and be able to communicate effectively with residents and staff.
- Must have an understanding of the needs of the elderly and be able to relate well to the geriatric population.
- Must be flexible regarding transportation scheduling.
- Residents rights, confidentiality and preservation of the residents’ dignity and self-respect.
Work outdoors and indoors in well-lighted and ventilated rooms in the facility, transportation van, physician offices and public areas. May need to work beyond normal working hours and possibly on shifts/days other than the one hired.
Good physical and mental health. Job requires: intermittent sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, and frequently lifting of up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move residents; ability to communicate with residents and personnel; ability to hear and respond to verbal stimuli; a keen sense of vision necessary to quickly detect and react to slight motions and/or the ability to accurately distinguish colors; ability to read and write; and ability to remain calm under stress. Manual dexterity to handle equipment is necessary.
Must have the ability to communicate with residents, families and personnel and ability to remain calm under stress.
Principle contacts: Is involved with residents, co-workers, visitors, etc.
Exposure Risk: Tasks assigned to this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood/body fluids. A possibility of cuts or minor burns from instruments and equipment. May be exposed to communicable diseases. Possibility of strains due to moving residents or injury from irrational residents.
*Colonial Manor has excellent and affordable Health, Vision and Dental Benefits.
We also offer Tuition Reimbursement and we have RN and LPN Scholarship Programs.
Email your resume to: email@example.com or apply in person to fill out an application.