The Director of Nursing is responsible for the planning, direction and evaluation of effective and comprehensive nursing care practices, which promote, maintain and restore the well-being of all the residents to their highest level of practical functioning.
Qualified applicants will hold a Pennsylvania State RN license, and have management experience in a long-term care environment. Familiarity with PA Department of Health regulations, strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels are required.
- Administering personal hygienic and therapeutic measures for residents and techniques within the parameters of the nurse practice act.
- Proper techniques for the delivery of medications and treatments.
- Documentation in the medical record that reflects the resident’s condition, medication and treatments.
- Prevention of disease and application of universal precautions.
- Experience in care of the elderly, chronically ill, restorative nursing, unit management and quality assurance.
- Understanding of roles and functions of all levels of nursing staff and total health care team.
- Knowledge in the development of staff and management of personnel in an environment which enhances the highest standards of nursing care.
- Capability for independent decision-making formulation and delegation of responsibility.
- Must have the ability to communicate with residents, families, and personnel and ability to remain calm under stress.
*Colonial Manor has excellent and affordable Health, Vision and Dental Benefits.