Candidates wishing to be considered for the Cook/Chef positions must have a general understanding of nutrition and Diet Management . Ideal candidates will have prior experience working as a Cook/Chef with a Certification in Sanitation.
Cooks/Chefs will prepare and serve food, working with the Dietary Department and Medical Team to ensure texture modified and therapeutic diets are maintained. This is a wonderful opportunity with great benefits and room for advancement within the organization! JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cooks/Chefs will prepare and deliver food to patients, ensuring texture modified and therapeutic diets are maintained.
• Work directly with the Medical Staff to ensure all dietary restrictions/changes are communicated.
• Cooks/Chefs will assist in ensuring that the proper receiving, storage, preparation, serving, and sanitation and cleaning procedures are followed.
• Prepare menu for patients in consultation with the Medical Staff and Dieticians.
• Cooks/Chefs will maintain an inventory of supplies on hand and as needed.
• Display a professional and positive attitude during the workday.
• Cooks/Chefs will provide assistance with the purchase/ordering of food, supplies, and materials.
• Ensure a safe and cleanly work environment are maintained at all times.
• Cooks/Chefs will assist with food delivery as needed.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned to the Cooks/Chefs as needed.JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Candidates must have an understanding of the Culinary Industry .
• Understanding of Texture Modification and Therapeutic Diets is a must.
• Ideal candidates will have prior experience within the Culinary Industry, with a focus around Texture Modification and Therapeutic Diets.
• High School Degree or equivalent is required.
• A Certification in Sanitation is preferred.
• Ability to Supervise the Dietary personnel in the absence of the Dietary Manager.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a Team atmosphere.
• Ability to perform a variety of food related tasks.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 LBS.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to an ever-changing environment.JOB BENEFITS:
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Options.
• Competitive Pay/Salary.
• Room for advancement within the Company.
• Tuition Reimbursement options.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person to fill out an application.